Tired of feeling so disconnected to your back yard? That disconnect between your home and the backyard can really set people uneasy, like a whole portion of their property is shifted to the side, only meant to be looked upon and not immersed in.
The spring is coming and so are the opportunities to finally fix that backyard disconnect. Take the time this spring to come up with a pleasant home addition that takes advantage of that backyard space. Be it an all glass section added to the home, to help feel integrated into your backyard and nature, or a pathway that leads to a bar and seating area for relaxing.
Let’s spring forward with our homes design and appeal! We will break down some ideas for you to chew on and help you develop a stronger sense of what you do and don’t want!
Starting with and enclosed glass room:
- A pentagonal shaped enclosed space featuring the most possible visual availability possible.
- Windows taking the place of all walls and ceilings. Great for enjoying your surrounding environment, weather on a lake or in a backyard, while still keeping yourself in a regulated temperature room and away from those pesky mosquito’s!
- An alternate use for this addition could be a green house! Naturally! Providing protection from outside critters, while still gaining the nutrients needed from the sun and the sky! Your plants will be in a well constructed environment and flourish before your eyes!
- Add some form of pathway leading out further to your back yard. These can come in the form of bricks, rock slabs, gravel, you name it!
- A nighttime paradise, exemplifying the spatial wonders of the stars in the sky! You can think of this room as a mini observatory during those cloudless nights that will provide you with a spectacle as-if on demand!
If your not feeling the whole glass room concept, lets break out of the box and think a little more about backyard additions that are more free winded!
- Starting from a nice pathway leading from your back doors, let’s venture out to the bungalow you installed that features an assortment of social activities or relaxing options!
- A bar with a couple of chic stools made from tree stumps or stone slabs! This can be a comfortable place to sit and chat with friends or family and lose the remainder of the day!
- The covered ceiling of the bungalow allows for protection from direct sunlight while still allowing the fresh breeze to sift on through.
- Maybe your more interested in something like an outdoor kitchen? Outdoor kitchens are becoming more and more popular, and for good reason! Being able to enjoy the fresh feeling of spring while cooking your favorite meal that doesn’t have to include BBQ is always a rewarding feeling!
- Once your done cooking you can retreat a space that has some stereos installed and are accompanied by some outdoor/indoor furniture to relax and eat.
Be it an outdoor kitchen or glass room, the potential for your home to become more luxurious and enjoyable should not be passed by! Take advantage of the beautiful seasons lacking the frozen flakes of despair and find some consonance between your home and backyard desires!
Give us a call today at Xpand inc. and let’s start mapping out the necessary materials and planning to make your dream home become a reality! We work with you every step of the way and will provide the best possible satisfaction we can!
While your at it, check out our past articles on potential places for a new home! Bloomington and Prior Lake!
The snowy weather is waning and the spring is pushing through! So naturally, with the news season comes some new questions! What to build? A home? An extra garage? A deck, maybe patio? We say all of the above!
Take advantage of the beautiful weather to come by preparing some outdoor locations like decks, patios, porches and maybe a backyard bar! We at Xpand are only limited by your imagination!
When it comes to decks and porches, we guarantee that we are the best option in Minnesota. A little over 10 years ago we started out as specializing in decks and porches, and continue today to prove why that is. Be it one or two levels, we will ensure a structure that is enjoyable in the allowing seasons for social gatherings and places for mental recuperation! Most builders just see decks or porches as a way to make a quick buck and do standard work, but not us. We think the decks and porches are an extension of the home and should be noticeable as such, staying just as aesthetically pleasing as the rest of the home.
To develop a great looking deck/porch it is good to think of the structures as another form of room like you do with the interior of the home. Fabrics, lighting, accessories and even artwork are all part of the design process for outdoor locations!
Deck & Porch ideas
- A canopy deck or porch to beat the heat this summer and still enjoy the visual beauty that spring brings!
- Set the tone with an enclosed porch that has similar style as the rest of the home and the necessary items like a coat rack, shoe storage, and a key tray! Always be sure to use indoor/outdoor pieces in this area for weather resistance purposes!
- Luxury in the outdoor. Take the opportunity to really go all out when it comes to the decks and porches. Emphasize on the outdoor aesthetic by introducing different kinds of greenery to your porch or deck area with unique forms of holders, like teacups for example!
- Install a large white wooden wall structure that can hold a garden on it. Wall gardens are picking up in trend for a good reason, they are simply gorgeous and introduce a unique aesthetic to the atmosphere.
- Drapery. Long windswept pieces of drapery across the top portion of the deck or porch structure can introduce a lightness to the air and become reminiscent of a savanna get away!
- Introduce colors that really emphasize the surrounding greenery, like white, blue and yellow.
Like mentioned before, the only limitation is your imagination! Decks and porches can be an essential part to a home feeling whole!
Aside from decks and porches, the spring can be a great opportunity for a addition project, be it an added garage stall or a garden shed even a home!
Give us a call today and let’s start working on those plans so your ready to embrace spring as soon as it arrives!
Last week we talked about Prior Lake Minnesota and the opportunities that are present for those looking to settle down for a bit there. This week however, we would like to bring Bloomington into the spotlight!
A popular and well respected developed city, Bloomington boasts more than 85,000 residents and 90,000 jobs! This well constructed city is located in Hennepin county and connects with major roads like interstate 494 North and Highway 169!
Due to the cities major industry in retail and entertainment, hotel and restaurant, health maintenance and computer manufacturing, there is a wide variety of jobs to choose from and advance your career path!
Bloomingon is a council-manager form of government that leads the city on a daily basis towards a brighter tomorrow for all it’s residents and entrepreneurs! The city has more than 500 full-time staff dedicated to the happiness of all who interact with the city, and make it their daily goals to find ways of improving those lives! Bloomington maintains a triple A bond rating from three rating agencies: Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, and Fitch.
Aside from the aforementioned details, what else does Bloomington have to offer for those considering laying roots down here? A LOT! Be it for a family or someone dedicated to spreading their work and professional business, there is boundless opportunity here!
- On the education side, Bloomington features 11 educational institutions for K-12 and six college level institutions.
- An employment market that has been steadily rising since 2009.
- The widely known Mall of America, one of Minnesota’s largest tourist and local attractions.
- Local government services such as Fire protection, Police protection, Bloomington Public Health division, City and Regional parks and playgrounds, Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens Gold and Learning Center, Ice Arena, Human Services, Cable television programming.
- One of the largest volunteer fire departments in the country.
- State-of-the-art Police dispatch center for the highest security available.
- Over 100 parks and playgrounds for increased community relationships and activities for the family.
- A well developed public library for all the book lovers who need a new story to get lost in.
- Immense opportunity for business development and property development.
- Lakes, ponds and beaches for those beautiful days when you just can’t be stuck working inside.
The truth is, there is so much to offer in Bloomington that the list could go on for days.
If your looking for a new place to build your home with the help of our Xcellent staff at Xpand, Bloomington would be a great choice!
Give us a call today and let’s discuss the location your thinking about and the endless possibilities your home can have to take full advantage of the location!