Tired of feeling so disconnected to your back yard? That disconnect between your home and the backyard can really set people uneasy, like a whole portion of their property is shifted to the side, only meant to be looked upon and not immersed in.
The spring is coming and so are the opportunities to finally fix that backyard disconnect. Take the time this spring to come up with a pleasant home addition that takes advantage of that backyard space. Be it an all glass section added to the home, to help feel integrated into your backyard and nature, or a pathway that leads to a bar and seating area for relaxing.
Let’s spring forward with our homes design and appeal! We will break down some ideas for you to chew on and help you develop a stronger sense of what you do and don’t want!
Starting with and enclosed glass room:
- A pentagonal shaped enclosed space featuring the most possible visual availability possible.
- Windows taking the place of all walls and ceilings. Great for enjoying your surrounding environment, weather on a lake or in a backyard, while still keeping yourself in a regulated temperature room and away from those pesky mosquito’s!
- An alternate use for this addition could be a green house! Naturally! Providing protection from outside critters, while still gaining the nutrients needed from the sun and the sky! Your plants will be in a well constructed environment and flourish before your eyes!
- Add some form of pathway leading out further to your back yard. These can come in the form of bricks, rock slabs, gravel, you name it!
- A nighttime paradise, exemplifying the spatial wonders of the stars in the sky! You can think of this room as a mini observatory during those cloudless nights that will provide you with a spectacle as-if on demand!
If your not feeling the whole glass room concept, lets break out of the box and think a little more about backyard additions that are more free winded!
- Starting from a nice pathway leading from your back doors, let’s venture out to the bungalow you installed that features an assortment of social activities or relaxing options!
- A bar with a couple of chic stools made from tree stumps or stone slabs! This can be a comfortable place to sit and chat with friends or family and lose the remainder of the day!
- The covered ceiling of the bungalow allows for protection from direct sunlight while still allowing the fresh breeze to sift on through.
- Maybe your more interested in something like an outdoor kitchen? Outdoor kitchens are becoming more and more popular, and for good reason! Being able to enjoy the fresh feeling of spring while cooking your favorite meal that doesn’t have to include BBQ is always a rewarding feeling!
- Once your done cooking you can retreat a space that has some stereos installed and are accompanied by some outdoor/indoor furniture to relax and eat.
Be it an outdoor kitchen or glass room, the potential for your home to become more luxurious and enjoyable should not be passed by! Take advantage of the beautiful seasons lacking the frozen flakes of despair and find some consonance between your home and backyard desires!
Give us a call today at Xpand inc. and let’s start mapping out the necessary materials and planning to make your dream home become a reality! We work with you every step of the way and will provide the best possible satisfaction we can!
While your at it, check out our past articles on potential places for a new home! Bloomington and Prior Lake!
Last week we talked about Prior Lake Minnesota and the opportunities that are present for those looking to settle down for a bit there. This week however, we would like to bring Bloomington into the spotlight!
A popular and well respected developed city, Bloomington boasts more than 85,000 residents and 90,000 jobs! This well constructed city is located in Hennepin county and connects with major roads like interstate 494 North and Highway 169!
Due to the cities major industry in retail and entertainment, hotel and restaurant, health maintenance and computer manufacturing, there is a wide variety of jobs to choose from and advance your career path!
Bloomingon is a council-manager form of government that leads the city on a daily basis towards a brighter tomorrow for all it’s residents and entrepreneurs! The city has more than 500 full-time staff dedicated to the happiness of all who interact with the city, and make it their daily goals to find ways of improving those lives! Bloomington maintains a triple A bond rating from three rating agencies: Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s, and Fitch.
Aside from the aforementioned details, what else does Bloomington have to offer for those considering laying roots down here? A LOT! Be it for a family or someone dedicated to spreading their work and professional business, there is boundless opportunity here!
- On the education side, Bloomington features 11 educational institutions for K-12 and six college level institutions.
- An employment market that has been steadily rising since 2009.
- The widely known Mall of America, one of Minnesota’s largest tourist and local attractions.
- Local government services such as Fire protection, Police protection, Bloomington Public Health division, City and Regional parks and playgrounds, Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens Gold and Learning Center, Ice Arena, Human Services, Cable television programming.
- One of the largest volunteer fire departments in the country.
- State-of-the-art Police dispatch center for the highest security available.
- Over 100 parks and playgrounds for increased community relationships and activities for the family.
- A well developed public library for all the book lovers who need a new story to get lost in.
- Immense opportunity for business development and property development.
- Lakes, ponds and beaches for those beautiful days when you just can’t be stuck working inside.
The truth is, there is so much to offer in Bloomington that the list could go on for days.
If your looking for a new place to build your home with the help of our Xcellent staff at Xpand, Bloomington would be a great choice!
Give us a call today and let’s discuss the location your thinking about and the endless possibilities your home can have to take full advantage of the location!
Our last article talked about Prior Lake and it’s great possibilities involved with living near the town. Today we thought it would be good to give a comprehensive look at what it takes to build a home!
Building a home is one of the most exciting processes you could imagine. The chance to make an environment that suits you perfectly, and be able to say you made it. Along with building your home, you get to choose the location, adding another layer of freedom and personalization!
So let’s break down the basis of this process so you can get a rough idea of how this all works!
- Pick a plot and have a design made up for the home
- Prepare the site and pour the foundation of your home! This will entail the construction crew leveling the site and begin laying out the houses foundation details with markers.
- Rough framing process begins. The basic skeleton of the home is formed (walls, roof, floors).
- Install a rough version of the plumbing, electrical and HVAC. This entails things like pipes and wires, sewer lines and vents, water supply lines, bathtubs and showers, duct-work and HVAC system.
- Installation of the insulation! The key to a perfect temperature in a home comes in a variety of materials. Fiberglass, cellulose, foam mineral wool, concrete blocks, spray foam and foam board and rigid foam.
- Next up is when the drywall is installed along with the brick and stucco, stone and siding.
- Now that the base aspects of the house are built, you get to start designing the interior with things like trim, baseboards, casings, window sills, molding, stair balusters and even cabinets and fireplaces! At this point, you get to start defining the characteristics of your interior. Something we offer at Xpand inc. is the option of custom work, for example custom cabinetry! We can help you Xpand beyond the normal confines of interior structures and really elaborate the uniqueness of your home!
- Moving forward, now is the time to install hard surface flooring and counter tops. This means you will want to know the material your going to use for the counters. A strong material that is a wide favorite would be something like quartz and granite, but we will be able to go through the other types of material with you to ensure you have a nice range of options that match you and your dream home!
- Moving forward in the process towards your dream home, we have the installation of light fixtures, outlets and switches along with the necessary electrical panels. Lights can really define an atmosphere and give a great sense of wonder, so be sure to consider the manner in which they are presented and what they will be emphasizing!
- At the same time as the fixtures, it will be the time to install sinks toilets and faucets, the components that can help define a bathrooms style!
- Final clean up is near! Your home is almost at its final stage! It may seem like it came fast while reading this, but the actual process takes around 12 weeks to do, and your anticipation during that time will cause the days to move slowly! At this stage of the building process, mirrors, shower doors and carpeting are all installed and finely cleaned. At the same time the greenery around the home is planted and the exterior landscaping is completed to compliment your home.
- The final, but most exciting step is the walk-through of your finished home. This will be the realization of your dream home. At this step you want to pay close attention to aspects that the builders need to fix. We at Xpand will explain the the needs of your home in terms of maintenance and responsibility, as well as warranty coverage and procedures. Be sure to take notes and ask questions!
That’s it. You now have the home of your dreams! Or, you would if you went through this process, but that’s also an exciting factor, you still get to go through these steps and create a masterpiece that signifies you and your family, your home will break the cookie cutter mold and stand out from the rest!
Give us a call today and lets start the process of your dream home! We will Xpand your dreams into reality with Xcellent service!