Maintenance is important, especially seeing as it can be the factor between something working or not. The best solution is to not have a problem in the first place! So here are some tips and tricks for maintaining your home, be it old or new!
1. Garage doors are an essential part of a garage wouldn’t you say? So lets make sure it works! At least once a month, test the sensor of the garage door opener to ensure that it switches into reverse when the sensor is tripped or when it collides with an object! This could help to avoid some unforeseen dings in a vehicle or otherwise!
2. Have a dryer? use it often? go vacuum the exhaust duct, and do it at least once every year! Ensure the duct isn’t a plastic duct because that’s a fire hazard, and trust me, you do NOT want that catching fire! A solid replacement for a plastic duct would be a rigid sheet-metal duct!
3. Next up is furnace filters! Often forgotten but vital! These should be replaced quarterly unless stated otherwise by the furnace manufacturer! A clean furnace filter can save you money and avoid putting too much pressure on the work load of your furnace, which can cause it to break down and need repairs!
4. This next one is a bit more technical but can help to avoid frustration and confusion down the road! Ground fault circuit interrupter outlets (or GFCI for short) should be tested monthly. Press the test button and use a voltage tester to ensure the power goes off and viola, done! Easy to do and nothing but helpful.
5. One more quick tip! Inspect your doors and windows for the condition of the caulking as well as weather stripping yearly! This could be the explanation for air leaks in your home which can be cost inefficient! A well-insulated home can save you around 200$ a year in heating and cooling costs! not to mention prevent carbon pollution!
That’s all for today! keep an eye out for our future projects and informative posts! Or call us today and see what we can do for you and your home!