Home remodeling and renovations!
Home owners often run across a dilemma after a few years of inhabiting their home, they want something new, something fresh. We all get that itch, that desire to begin some form of home renovation or home remodel once the charm of our home loses its shine. This is completely natural and can be an exciting opportunity! I’m certain your first thought will be “how to renovate my home?” and that question should be embraced rather than something to stress about. When it comes to renovations, this can be a great way to fill the home with a new purpose. Those kitchen cabinets that have begun to look dated? Gone, and replaced with some chic modern styled cabinets that take up less room and no longer demand attention of the room in a negative manner. Renovations are a cost effective option that can be applied to most any aspect of the home, revitalizing that part and breathing new life into the atmosphere! While renovations can be a great source of appreciation for the home, and a way to effectively alter the home at an easier price,home remodels have strong competing factors that should be considered. While more time consuming and financially heavy, remodels can have a greater effect on the home, and also have a higher return percentage if your looking to sell! We have a few examples of a positive return on a home thanks to some remodeling investments! Landscaping The area around the home can play an integral role in the overall appeal of the home. A home can look amazing inside and out, but of the area around the home is a desolate wasteland, well the home itself becomes less interesting. What you can do to improve the landscape around the home
- Add some flowering shrubs for some color and pop to the front lawn and back yard. Capitalize on the natural resources around you!
- Following up on the previous tip, add some kind of deciduous tree to the property. A nice 15-foot-tall tree will really help grab attention for the home, and because it is a deciduous tree, you get to enjoy an added effect of all the seasons by simply taking note of the trees!
- A flag stone walkway is a welcome and charming addition. Simple and effective, guests and home owners alike will feel more drawn to the home!
- Two stone planters, planted near the front steps as nice accents to the home. Make sure they are big enough to catch some attention, 6×2 should be the minimum!
- Missing shingles, curled or hiding behind that pesky moss.
- Residual parts of the shingles are brought through the downspout. This is a clear sign of the age of the shingles, when they fall apart like this from weathering, it is time to replace them.
- A natural lighting in the attic….coming from cracks in the ceiling and walls.
- Stains across the ceiling and walls, as proof of worn exterior defenses.
- An energy bill as tall as high as the 15-foot tree you planted. When your energy bill keeps rising, and you cant figure out why, it’s more than likely because of small cracks and openings through the roof or other areas of the home.