10 quick tips to ensure a healthy home!
Home is where the heart is! But often times home is also where the unhealthy habits or situations may occur! We have 10 quick tips to help keep your home a place of positive health! Let’s start!
- Barrier between the bedding and you! Make sure your using dust-proof casings for all your pillows and mattresses. These casings have such small pores that dust mites and their waste product cannot get through! This benefits your skin and overall health!
- HEPA Filters HEPA filters in a vacuum prevent dust from being blown back out into the air spreading the very thing your trying to get rid of! This will helps improve the air quality of the home as well as keep sicknesses down for the kids and parents!
- Changing the AC filters Always ensure your heating and AC have a filter installed before use. The lack of a filter can cause some serious health issues down the line. Be sure to change the filters at the very least every 3 months to ensure an efficient and top notch air quality!
- Venting the bathroom Bathrooms are naturally humid environments and in saying so, there needs to be a ventilation fan to help prolong the life of the bathroom. Make sure the ventilation fan runs to the outdoors, this will help remove the moisture in the air and ensure a long lifespan of the room and all things inside.
- Gutter maintenance Keep up on the security of your gutters through the seasons. A clogged gutter can lead to a flooded basement or crawlspaces. You can get gutter covers to help reduce the debris that enters.
- Textiles in the bedroom Textiles can be great aesthetic options, however all the rugs, carpets, pillows and other dust catchers can cause some serious issues with health and allergies as well as increase the time it takes to dust the room!
- Allergy instigators To help combat those pesky allergies, let’s ensure allergens aren’t being invited into the home. Checking your yard for wind pollinated plants and removing them can save you a big headache and puffy eyes. Grasses are one of the worst pollen triggers for allergies.
- Musty management Trust your sense of smell. If your in the home and you detect a musty smell, be sure to investigate. Mold can be a serious problem if it’s allowed to develop, so find it’s location ASAP and save yourself the trouble!
- Organize the dust Clutter is a safe-haven for dust mites. Be sure to organize your home office and other work spaces to prevent dust from settling.
- Keep shoes under control Wearing shoes in the home is a health risk and can increase the allergen count in the home. When returning to the home, take off your shoes outside or put them into a washable tray as soon as you walk into the home!