This beautiful home is up for sell! Looking for a loving family that it can protect through the wind, rain and snow! Recently featured in the Parade Of Homes.
Give us a call today and inquire about a walk-through!
Address: 13727 Johnson Memorial Drive
Shakopee, MN 55379
From fall to winter, there are plenty of opportunities for your basement to have some form of water damage. Between the heavy rains or the quick winter thaws (especially with Minnesota season madness) your foundation may have some breaches.
There are a couple things you can do to be aware of the possible dangers and costly repairs that arise from those pesky natural occurrences!
Rain and Snow
First, with heavy rain or frost, foundation cracking can occur. The shifting soils with the constant shrinkage and expansion due to climate,along with improperly directed drainage can become an issue in weaker areas of your basement foundation. When handling foundation cracks, repairs costs can rise significantly if you ignore the little cracks and let them expand into a bigger problem. Basically being active about foundation management no matter how small the problem, is essential. That being said, not all cracks need tending to. Call a professional to check out the foundation and use a felt tip pen to mark locations that may be problematic, fully circling the affected area, and then keep an eye on its progress, to identify if there needs any further action.
Dry season condensation
Its commonly known that basements can become damp during the spring seasons what with the rainfall and departing winter melts. What’s important to take note of, is the appearance of moisture in the basement even when there hasn’t been rain recently, or any snow melts. This could identify a hidden issue. Generally this is due to a factor outside of the basement, involved with some other area of the property. Anywhere from poor drainage, poor ventilation, obsolete plumbing etc… can lead to condensation in the basement. The best option is to call a professional to pinpoint the issue. This may seem like a hassle but will be much easier than mold removal or property damage!
Why to make basement maintenance a priority
No matter the season or climate situation, its important to be aware of the condition your basement is in. Spending time to examine its physical properties and integrity can do nothing but help save you stress and money down the road! Ensuring your basement is a place of comfort and enjoyable use, it will help you to notice the little things through your enjoyment of it, allowing you to catch issue before they become problems!
That’s it for today! Now go check out your basement! While your at it, give us a call for a friendly conversation about basement additions!
Hey everyone! The Parade Of Homes is coming to a close! Be sure to stop by and check out our new model homes! They could be exactly what your looking for! We are open 12pm-6pm tomorrow!
8206 157th Terrace, Model home #158
Savage, MN 55387
This home features the following!
- The main level has a fantastic open layout that includes a fireplace, gourmet kitchen, as well as a powder and flex room with ample storage.
- The upper level offers four bedrooms with a jr. suite, Jack-and-Jill suites and spacious laundry.
- The owners’ retreat features trayed ceiling, walk-in closet and private bath with freestanding tub and tile shower.
- The finished lower level includes an additional bedroom, bathroom, and living area with a wet bar.
- Quality-built using Marvin windows, custom cabinetry, quartz countertops, beautiful barn wood and other custom touches throughout.
- Located in the Prior Lake School District.
This is a beautiful two-story Smart Home on a fabulous lot in Big Sky Estates! Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to move into such a beautiful new home on a wonderfully convenient location!
But this isn’t the only home we have to offer! (What! no way!)
We also have this new beautiful no-step home, coming into fruition!
This home features:
- Slab on grade style home, meaning there are no steps within the household
- An impressive 1513 sq ft!
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- A magnificent vaulted ceiling not only in the great room but also the dining room!
- Last but certainly not least, a screen porch!
This home is also located in the Big Sky Estates! That’s two beautiful homes to look at and consider as your nest for the future! Don’t hesitate!
Big Sky Estate is complete and looking for a family to give it the love it deserves! It promises to be a wonderful home for any family!
Features of Big Sky Estate:
8206 157th Terrace
Savage, MN 55378
- Quality built custom home with character!
- Open concept floor plan with lots of storage and great livability
- Award winning Prior Lake School district
- 3811 sq. ft
- 5 bedrooms , 4.5 bathrooms
- Large upper level laundry
- Jack-and Jill bathroom
- Beautiful master suite features trayed ceiling
- Master bath with freestanding tub and tile shower
- Beautiful stone fireplace
- Marvin windows
- LP maintenance free siding with 25 year warranty
- Covered front porch with stone accents
- Quartz countertops throughout the kitchen
- Smart house
- Stainless appliance package
- Highly efficient heating and cooling systems
- Reclaimed barn wood accents
- Quality craftsmanship throughout
- Fully landscape which includes sprinkler system
The following are beautiful new sneak peaks into the finished Big Sky project!
This especially elegant space can be a wonderful office workspace. The beautiful custom barnwood wall can be seen in the Parade of Homes tour!
Check out these other pictures for an online virtual tour! But don’t forget to visit in Savage, MN between 12-6pm! Model #158