Some great flooring options for your dream home!
Often times when we visit as home we examine it’s differences from our own. There are an outstanding amount of variables involved in the contrast between homes, but sometimes there are things that can really stand out, much more than others. Generally the flooring of a home is that factor. There are a multitude of flooring options available for a home, and we think it’s important to know the different kinds, to make an informed decision! Plus, who doesn’t like more options when your building your dream home? So today we will be talking about 5 different kinds of flooring options! So let’s break out those nifty little bullet points! Hardwood
- Hardwood floor is nothing new, it is common to find in homes and some prefer it to carpet for it’s easier upkeep.
- Hardwood floors have an elegant vibe to them. They can enhance the level of a room alone, but cooperatively with the rest of the room, you can really enhance the feeling of “charm” and “elegance”.
- There are many varieties of wood types to choose from in this section of flooring alone. Some of the most renowned are red and white oak, maple, cherry, white ash, and hickory.
- Most people don’t ever consider bamboo as a flooring option, and that alone is a grave mistake!
- Bamboo is a form of grass, that is fast growing and ready in about 3-5 years. This allows it to be eco friendly and have a fast turnaround.
- Bamboo is also fire resistant, further enhancing yours homes safety score! Who doesn’t like a safe home?
- Lastly, bamboo is actually very strong, and through comparison purposes, bamboo is 27% harder than Northern red oak, and 13% harder than maple!
- Engineered wood looks similar to solid hardwood but has more unique aspects to it. For example engineered hard wood is composed of a core of hardwood, plywood or high-density fiberboard, and layered on it all is a hardwood veneer.
- Three to seven layers of the material is taken and glued and compressed together under high pressure and heat to create sturdy flooring and a complete resistance to humidity.
- The manner in which this type of flooring is made allows for engineered would to be place in parts of the home that regular wood would not be able to, for example high humidity place like the bathroom or basement!
- Composed of material similar to linseed oil, cork. limestone, wood flour and tree resins. This material boasts a high durability with low maintenance.
- Linoleum flooring also has a wide variety of patterns and colors to choose from, expanding its synergy potential with many different forms of homes.
- Linoleum can also come in sheets, or if preferred, intricate cuts, to achieve a more unique flooring style.
- Marmoleum is an all natural renewable resource. This flooring is made from recycled material that can actually benefit the environment.
- As opposed to linoleum, marmoleum is resistant to dust and dirt, ensuring those with allergies a comfortable experience in the home.
- This flooring can be ordered in sheets or tiles, has an easy upkeep and is fantastic for high traffic locations!